Topic

Government Has Increased The Speed Limit On Highways - Hooray - Booo !

Author: bobajob

bobajob

Posting Awards

Government Has Increased The Speed Limit On Highways - Hooray - Booo !

Unread post by bobajob »

"The speed limit on Hwy. 416 south of Ottawa and on sections of Hwy. 401 in eastern Ontario increases 10 km/h hour today.

The Ontario government is increasing the speed limit from 100 km/h to 110 km/h on 10 sections of highways across Ontario.

Starting today, the speed limit on approximately 70 kilometres of Hwy. 416, between Hwy. 401 and Ottawa, is permanently 110 km/h.

The speed limit also increases to 110 km/h on three sections of Hwy. 401 in eastern Ontario, including on 107 km of the highway from Hwy. 16 to the Quebec boundary, on 66 km between Belleville and Kingston and on 44 km between Colborne and Belleville."

Is it just me or is this entirely confusing.

In the UK we have a national speed limit. 70 MPH, technically (UNLESS OTHERWISE POSTED) that is the highest speed you can do.. usually on motorways.. some M-ways have variable speed limit.

But if you are on any m-way in the UK, you can just ignore the 70 or the round with black diagonal meaning (national speed limit)

So.... there are 2 small stretches way out east where the limit is 110 ?

So its "safe" to "speed" there but unsafe to speed elsewhere (same highway type 400 class)

So why is is UNSAFE to speed on the 401 BEFORE and AFTER the allocated zone

Is this just a test before a full rollout?

BTW Your lucky if people do 100 let alone 110, I've been left standing when I've done 110 on the hi-way, even tailgated, flashed and honked at !

I can't work out this silliynes

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail