Topic

New Member? Come And Say Hi And Introduce Yourself Here! :)

Author: racer

Left_Turners_R_Toast

Re: New Member? Come And Say Hi And Introduce Yourself Here! :)

Unread post by Left_Turners_R_Toast »

Dear Moderator

Despite being an "occasional" visitor, I might well come here more-frequently now, as a number of my friends often contact me after running afoul of driving rules and receiving offenses contrary to the HTA. Many would say "just send them the link and let them do their OWN due diligence" however I've now retired (and they haven't) so thought I'd just use some of my time constructively.

A friend from Ottawa recently contacted me about ASE which is used quite-extensively there. And despite the bylaws seemingly being iron-clad and non-contestable in traffic court, I think one particular incident I recently became aware of, might justify some discussion on your forum. Is there a direct link to ASE- related posts?

Cheers

Left_Turners_R_Toast

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

Re: New Member? Come And Say Hi And Introduce Yourself Here! :)

Unread post by admin »

Left_Turners_R_Toast wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:18 am

Dear Moderator

Despite being an "occasional" visitor, I might well come here more-frequently now, as a number of my friends often contact me after running afoul of driving rules and receiving offenses contrary to the HTA. Many would say "just send them the link and let them do their OWN due diligence" however I've now retired (and they haven't) so thought I'd just use some of my time constructively.

A friend from Ottawa recently contacted me about ASE which is used quite-extensively there. And despite the bylaws seemingly being iron-clad and non-contestable in traffic court, I think one particular incident I recently became aware of, might justify some discussion on your forum. Is there a direct link to ASE- related posts?

Cheers

Left_Turners_R_Toast

Dear Left_Turners_R_Toast,

Thank you for considering our Forum board. We value your time and are very grateful for your participation and bravo to you for being a good friend!

As I personally am not too knowledgeable about Albert specifically, we do have an Alberta dedicated Forum if you would like to start any Alberta related discussions there.

Please see: alberta-traffic-safety-act/

Thanks

Left_Turners_R_Toast

Re: New Member? Come And Say Hi And Introduce Yourself Here! :

Unread post by Left_Turners_R_Toast »

Hi Racer

As per your suggestion --and although I'm a returning member rather than new-- I'm just saying "Hi" to other members old and new.

As a recently-retired boomer with no specific training or experience pertaining to the HTA, folks looking for that kind of help might elect to seek the advice of others. But nearly 45 years on the road does certainly bring a healthy amount of experience in driving, dealing with the Law, and what to do/say when things go sideways. If I could bottle this knowledge I'd make millions, but there just seems to be no other way to get it.

Indeed many/most who come to this forum, somehow broke the Maxim of no tickets/no worries. Even many who have been here seemingly for-ever and/or consistently give great advice, have been in those shoes before. It's too late for us here to judge the recent offenders, and all we can do is help them through the "other" judgement process they'll now be facing,,,by those who hold almost all the cards.

Cheers and best of luck to all

Ray

(Left_Turners_R_Toast)