Topic

Are Police Allowed To Do Breathalyzer Whenever They Want Now During Traffic Stops For Speeding?

Author: jason555

jason555

Posting Awards

Are Police Allowed To Do Breathalyzer Whenever They Want Now During Traffic Stops For Speeding?

Unread post by jason555 »

I was in PEC driving through the country side around 100km/hr and was pulled over by OPP (he was going opposite direction and whipped around a U-turn in the middle of traffic) for speeding and the told me he is giving the breathalyzer to everyone he pulls over. He told me this after he went back to his car and ran my license, he likely saw that I was charged with assaulting an OPP officer a couple years ago and that's what made him do it. Is this legal? I saw that in the GTA region they are doing mandatory breathalyzer but can this guy just decide to do it on his own? Secondly, am I able to obtain bodycam footage for my disclosure? I would like to question him in court how many traffic stops he made that day, how many tickets did he issue and how many breathalyzers did he conduct. I know normally you are only able to obtain disclosure directly related to your incident but I'd like to go this extra step.

Thanks for any help provided.

jason555

Posting Awards

Re: Are Police Allowed To Do Breathalyzer Whenever They Want Now During Traffic Stops For Speeding?

Unread post by jason555 »

anyone?